Water with lemon is a great help to lose weight because it detoxifies the organism, decreases water retention and increases the feeling of satiety. In addition to this, it helps clean the palate by reducing the urge to eat sweet foods that promote weight gain, damaging the diet. To obtain their benefits use one of the following options:
- Squeeze half a lemon in a glass of water and drink half an hour before breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Place one lemon on wheels in a pitcher of water and go drinking during the day
All varieties of lemon can be used, and this fruit also contains properties that help to strengthen the immune system, protecting the body from diseases like flu and colds, and avoiding early for being a powerful ageing antioxidant.
How to take water with lemon in fasting
The correct way to use lemon for weight loss is squeezing half a lemon in 1 glass of water and drink immediately, without adding sugar. Should be performed after waking up in an empty stomach approximately 30 minutes before breakfast, using warm water. This mixture will help clean the intestine, eliminating excess fat and mucus that accumulates in the body.
You can also take the lemon before main meals, but with cold water. Cold water makes the body have to expend more energy to heat by burning some extra calories, which also helps to lose weight. Another option is to add a little grated ginger juice since this root also has properties that promote weight loss.
Benefits of water with lemon in fasting
In addition to helping you lose weight, the benefits of lemon in fasting are
- Strengthen the immune system and protect the body against colds and flu
- Help to eliminate toxins from the body
- Prevent diseases such as cancer and premature aging
- Reduce body acidity, improving the body’s metabolism
All lemon varieties contain these benefits, and it can also be used to garnish salads, meat and fish, which helps to increase the consumption of this fruit.