The Dukan diet is a diet divided into 4 phases and, according to its author allows you to lose weight about 5 kg in the first week. In the first phase, power is only made with proteins, and the time of duration of the diet depends on the amount of weight that the person wants to lose.
This diet was created by the French physician Dr Pierre Dukan and is fully explained in his book: “Can’t lose weight”. This is a good option for those who need to lose weight quickly but is not a diet that will change eating habits. For this reason, it is common to retrieve all the lost weight in a short time unless you start another less restrictive diet, to reach the ideal weight or maintain weight.
Check the allowed, the forbidden foods and how each phase of the Dukan diet:
- 1 Step by step diet Dukan
- 2 1st phase of the Dukan – attack phase diet
- 3 This phase lasts from 3 to 7 days, and it loses 3-5 kg.
- 4 phase 2 of the diet Dukan – phase
- 5 Menu type for this phase
- 6 3rd phase of the diet Dukan – consolidation phase
- 7 Example of menu type for the consolidation phase
- 8 4th stage of the Dukan – stabilisation phase diet
- 9 Example of menu type for the stabilising phase
Step by step diet Dukan
To find out how many days should last for each phase of the diet Dr Dukan suggests:
- For those who want to lose 5kg: 1 day in the 1st phase;
- For those who want to lose 6 to 10 kg: 3 days in the 1st phase;
- For those who want to lose 11 to 20 kg: 7 days a 1st phase.
The time of duration of the other phases varies depending on individual weight loss, and the only candy that you can eat on this diet are pudding eggs with the milk of Dr Dukan and light sugar-free gelatin. The Dukan diet below is step by step.
1st phase of the Dukan – attack phase diet
In this 1st phase of the diet, Dukan is only allowed to eat protein-rich foods, being prohibited sources of carbohydrates and sweets.
- Allowed foods: lean meat, grilled, roasted or cooked without adding oil; sticks of crab, boiled eggs, ham,
- Turkey, natural or low-fat yoghurt, skim milk, cottage cheese are also allowed. You should always eat 1 1/2 tbsp per day oat bran, and that she gives a feeling of fullness and 1 tbsp Goji berries for its purifying power.
- Forbidden foods: all carbohydrates such as bread, rice, pasta, fruit and sweets.
This phase lasts from 3 to 7 days, and it loses 3-5 kg.
Example of menu type to the attack phase
In the attack phase, the power is based only in protein-rich foods. So the menu can be:
- Breakfast: 1 cup of milk or low-fat yoghurt + tablespoon and oat bran 1/2 + 2 slices of cheese or Turkey ham or 1 egg with two slices of cheese. Add coffee to the milk, but not sugar.
- Morning snack: 1 low-fat natural yoghurt or 2 slices of cheese + 2 slices of Turkey ham.
- Lunch/dinner: 250 g of red meat in sauce four cheese, made with skim milk or 3 chicken breasts grilled with coverage of cheese and ham, Turkey or shrimp in cheese sauce.
- Afternoon snack: 1 cup of yoghurt or skim milk + 1 tbsp Goji berries + 1 egg or 2 slices of tofu + 3 slices of ham,
- Turkey or soy Burger 1 + 1 slice of cottage cheese.
It is important to remember that there are only allowed two eggs per day.
phase 2 of the diet Dukan – phase
The 2nd phase of the Dukan diet is introduced into the power some vegetables but still, are not allowed to eat carbohydrates. The plants should be consumed raw or cooked in water and salt, and only allowed sweet gelatine is light. Oil olive, lemon, herbs like parsley and Rosemary and balsamic vinegar can be used to garnish.
Allowed foods: tomato, cucumber, radish, lettuce, mushrooms, celery, chard, Eggplant and zucchini.
Forbidden foods: foods rich in carbohydrates, sweets and fruits.
Attention: in this phase 2, it must insert one day eating only protein and other day eating protein and vegetables, up to 7 days. The day that you eat only protein should be included 1 tbsp Goji berries and, in the other days two tablespoons.
Menu type for this phase
The menu of the attack phase must be followed to the days of proteins. The list then brings examples of meals for the days in which you eat proteins and vegetables:
- Breakfast: 1 cup of milk or low-fat yoghurt + 1 1/2 tbsp. Of oat bran + 2 slices of cheese roasted with tomato or panqueca of egg and tomato.
- Morning snack: 2 slices of cheese + 2 slices of Turkey ham.
- Lunch/dinner: 250 g of meat in tomato sauce with a salad of cucumber, lettuce and eggplant or 2 wheels of salmon in mushroom sauce + salad of tomato, Zucchini and chard.
- Afternoon snack: 1 low-fat yoghurt + 1 tbsp Goji berries + 2 slices of cheese or 1 cooked egg.
At this stage that lasts one week you lose 1 to 2 kg.
3rd phase of the diet Dukan – consolidation phase
In the 3rd phase of the Dukan diet, as well as meats and vegetables, also two servings of fruit can be eaten for days, two slices of wholemeal bread and one meal of 40 g of any cheese.
It is also permissible to eat one portion of carbohydrate two times per week as brown rice, pasta, or beans, and two free full meals where you can eat any food that has already been allowed in the diet, in conjunction with 1 cup of wine or can be erveza.
- Allowed foods: proteins, legumes, vegetables, two fruits per day, whole wheat bread, brown rice, pasta integral, beans and cheese.
- Forbidden foods: white rice, regular pasta and all other sources of carbohydrates. Forbidden fruits: banana, grape and cherry.
This phase should last ten days for each 1 kg which the individual wants to lose. Mean, if the guy wants to lose 10 kilograms over this phase shall continue for 100 days.
In this phase of consolidation, food becomes less restrictive and can include whole-grain bread daily. The type of menu can be:
- Breakfast: 1 cup of milk or low-fat yoghurt + 1 1/2 tbsp. Oat bran col + 1 slice of whole wheat bread with cheese, tomato and lettuce.
- Morning snack: 1 Apple + 1 slice of cheese and Turkey ham.
- Lunch/dinner: 130 g of chicken in tomato sauce + rice + salad of raw vegetables or 1 can tuna with pasta in pesto sauce + salad of fresh greens + 1 orange.
- One afternoon snack: low fat natural yoghurt + 1 tbsp Goji berries + 1 slice of bread with cheese.
4th stage of the Dukan – stabilisation phase diet
In the 4th phase of the Dukan diet, the recommendations are: do once a week diet phase 1-like protein, do 20 minutes of exercise per day, do not use the elevator and use the stairs and eat three tablespoons of bran of oats per day.
- Allowed foods: all types of foods are allowed, but preference should be given to the whole-grain products, and it is obligatory to eat at least three portions of fruit a day.
- Forbidden foods: nothing is banned, you can have a healthy diet.
In this diet, it is necessary to drink a minimum of 2L of water per day to ensure the proper functioning of the intestinal and get rid of toxins. Other permitted liquids are tea without sugar or sweetener and drink zero sparingly.
In this phase of stabilisation a healthy diet can be as:
- Breakfast: 1 cup of milk or low-fat yoghurt + 1 1/2 tbsp. Oat bran col + 2 slices of bread with cheese.
- Morning snack: 1 PEAR + 4 cookies of 3 units of dried fruit and water or salt + 1 slice of a PIN.
- Lunch/dinner: 120 g of meat + 4 tbsp of rice + beans 2 tbsp + raw Salad + 1 orange
- Afternoon snack: 1 low fat yogurt + 1 1/2 tbsp. bran oats + col 4 toasted integrals with ricotta.
It is important to remember that the Dukan diet is restrictive and that can cause discomfort, dizziness, weakness, does not take into account food re-education, making it easy to gain weight after the diet. So the most recommended for slimming is go to the nutritionist and follow their guidelines.